Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder A.J. Pollock took a huge leap to superstardom in 2015, posting a slash line of .315/.367/.498. Pollock also went yard 20 times, driving in 76 runs while swiping 39 stolen bases in 157 games.
Those numbers allowed Pollock to make his first All-Star appearance, and get his first Gold Glove award while receiving some NL MVP votes.
It would be an understatement to say that the D-Backs want Pollock on the roster for a long time. Pollock, who is under team control until the Winter of 2018, is likely to get an extension from the Diamondbacks before 2018 rolls around.
But, Per Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic, the two sides are unlikely to agree on an extension this off-season:
The Diamondbacks avoided arbitration on Friday with six players, leaving center fielder A.J. Pollock as their only remaining arbitration-eligible player.
The Diamondbacks had been hoping to find common ground with Pollock on a multi-year deal, but General Manager Dave Stewart said in a text message on Friday evening that those talks have been tabled.
“We, both sides, have for the time being put that away,” Stewart said.
While the two sides haven’t agreed on a contract for 2016 yet, you can expect it to happen before an arbitration hearing is necessary.
[twitter-follow screen_name='tony_montalto' show_count='yes']