After Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao were seen at the Milwaukee Bucks-Miami Heat game on January 27th, the rumors have been swirling about a fight between the two. Today, all those rumors became official, as Floyd Mayweather will fight Manny Pacquiao on May 2nd at MGM Grand and Las Vegas.
The tale of the tape for the @FloydMayweather vs @MannyPacquiao super fight. pic.twitter.com/kSDYD3AwxF
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) February 20, 2015
Mayweather said that he was glad to be able to get this fight with Manny Pacquiao, as the two have talked about it countless times.
“I am glad my decision to meet with Manny and discuss making this fight happen helped get the deal done,” Mayweather said. “Giving the fans what they want to see is always my main focus. This will be the biggest event in the history of the sport.”
Manny Pacquiao also shared his thoughts on getting the deal on the fight done.
“I am very happy that Floyd Mayweather and I can give the fans the fight they have wanted for so many years,” Manny Pacquiao said. “They have waited long enough and they deserve it. It is an honor to be part of this historic event. I dedicate this fight to all the fans who willed this fight to happen and, as always, to bring glory to the Philippines and my fellow Filipinos around the world.”
The fight is expected to be one of the most watched fights on Paper View in boxing history. Tickets to the fight sold out in just 15 minutes at the MGM Grand, and it would be a fortune to get tickets for the fight, going off basic knowledge.
Mayweather will receive 60% of the revenue from the fight, and Pacquiao will receive the other 40%. Mayweather opens up as a 3-to-1 favorite to beat Pacquiao.
One of the most anticipated fights in the history of boxing is on May 2nd, cancel everything you have planned, because there’s no way you want to miss it.
Like The Game Day Report on Facebook
[twitter-follow screen_name='TheGD_Report' show_count='yes']
You must log in to post a comment.