Terrell Suggs and the Baltimore Ravens will once again be associated together in 2017.
Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome told reporters at a press conference on Tuesday that Suggs is apart of Baltimore’s plans for the 2017 season. Newsome said the determination was made after the Ravens held personnel meetings on Thursday.
Suggs, who turned 34 during the 2016 NFL season is currently the oldest active player on the Baltimore’s defense. Suggs made it clear that he was seeking to return for his 15th season in the NFL to the media last month:
“If you haven’t caught on, I don’t like those types of questions,” Suggs said. “I know I’m not 26, but I’m not 40, either. I just like to play football.”
Baltimore paid Suggs a base salary of $4.5 million in 2016, and will pay him a base salary of $4 million in 2017 with a $6.95 million cap hit attached to his contract in 2017. He played 15 games for the Ravens this despite dealing with a torn bicep and an elbow injury throughout the duration of the year.
“He was still out there giving 100 percent,” Newsome said. “He’s had some great discussions with [head coach] John [Harbaugh] with what his plans are for this offseason. We expect him to be back.”
If there is one clear message about the Ravens going into 2017, it’s that their linebackers will be among the top in ll of football. C.J. Mosley and Zachary Orr were the starters for the Ravens for the majority of the 2016 season.
[twitter-follow screen_name='tony_montalto' show_count='yes']